[postgis-users] snapping all close-by lines in a set of 500, 000

Greg Polanski polanski.greg at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 18 07:16:41 PDT 2012

Hello Nicolas,
thank you for the reply. I don't have enough experience with postgis to understand how your suggestion helps.
Do you suggest to loop over all linestrings (which is really slow!) after st_dumppoints, or is there a single command that does the snapping at once?
What is the advantage of the intermediate points table? st_snap works with a given tolerance, or st_distance can help to select close-by lines... where do the points come in?

Thanks
Greg