[postgis-users] Unable to drop user and db

Greg Williamson gwilliamson39 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 12:44:18 PDT 2012

If you continue to have trouble with this issue, posting to the postgres ADMIN list will probably get good suggestions.

If you can edit the pg_hba.conf and add the user running the drop with a "trust" level and then reload postgres it won't ask for a password.

The pg_hba.conf files lives with the config file for postgres itself in the "main" directory, e.g.  /etc/postgresql/9.1/main

HTH,

Greg Williamson