[postgis-users] Selecting pairs of points that have the samedistance between them

Francois Hugues hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Mon Jun 25 02:26:50 PDT 2012

Hello,

I may be wrong but I don't see any answer to your question. Below is a request which could do the job you need if I understood it well :

Hugues

PS : as you can see Nicolas, I learnt from your mail and I'm now able to create a "serial" column into a request ;)

create temp sequence myseq increment by 1 Minvalue 1;

with mydist as (

select nextval('myseq') new_id, a.id id1, b.id id2, st_distance(a.geom, b.geom) dist from my table_of_points a, my table_of_points b

where a.id < b.id

)

select a.new_id n_id1, b.new_id n_id2, id1, id2  from mydist

where a.new_id < b.new_id

and a.dist = b.dist