[postgis-users] TopologyException and ST_Intersection

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Jun 25 12:06:31 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 01:47:22PM -0400, jdmorgan wrote:

> This is awesome feedback and I really appreciate it as I am new to
> PostGIS.  However, I still get the following after creating new
> populated tables via the st_buffer(geom, 0.0) or the
> st_buffer(st_buffer(geom, -1), 1).  Any other ideas?
>
> NOTICE:  TopologyException: side location conflict at 1.66342e+06
> 1.99261e+06
> ERROR:  GEOS overlaps() threw an error!

Which version of GEOS do you have ? SELECT postgis_full_version();

Try upgrading to latest (3.3.5)
If it still fails consider reducing the input pair till it's small
enough to be attached as HEXWKB to a ticket.

As a workaround you could try shaking the vertices with something
like ST_SnapToGrid (and maybe ST_UnaryUnion on the result to ensure
validity on collapse).

--strk;

 Sent from our free software