[postgis-users] Simplifying Polygons

Steve Horn steve at stevehorn.cc
Tue Jun 26 05:38:56 PDT 2012

Hello!
Having a a client-side performance problem due to a large number of
polygons being brought down to a Google Map. Sometimes the GZipped response
is around 2MB worth of GeoJSON.

I'm hoping that I can partially solve the problem by simplifying the
polygons using ST_Simplify. The problem I'm running into is that the
polygons are all contiguous and after simplification they are not
connecting with each other. (See attached image)

Anyone know how I can simplify the polygons and keep them all "fitting
together"?

--
Steve Horn