[postgis-users] Get ST_Value results from a tiled raster without all of the NULL results

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 29 10:04:52 PDT 2012

Robin,

I can't say for certain but it looks like your client (not psql) is
sending off multiple queries.  The nulls would return if the point being
sampled isn't in any of the tiles.

You could enable statement logging (log_statement) in PostgreSQL to see
what statements are being run from your connector.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

-bborie