[postgis-users] Client to view Postgis Raster

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Fri Mar 9 12:40:36 PST 2012

> I try it but don't seem work.
> Now I try with gdal_translate.
>
> However I guess the question is that
> I was using qgis-dev from osgeo4w.
> That version will use gdal 1.8 don't use gdal 1.9.
>
> However I like to find any client seeing the postgis reaster no preference for
> qgis, no problem to use any other client gis.
> So I try with openjump, if it see postgis raster, it is ok for me.
>
> With OpenJump I can skip the paranoid of gdal version. :)

You could also try to see what is going wrong with the version you are using by turning on PostgreSQL logging and set it in order to see all the queries the GDAL driver is sending to PostGIS. That's the way I could fix the rid column dependency.

You cannot display raster in OpenJump, only their extents (rast::geometry) and their vectorization (ST_DumpAsPolygons or ST_PixelAspolygons). You will not be able to display continuous floating point big raster as they produce too many geometries.

Pierre