[postgis-users] How to make this invalid polygon valid one

Markus Innerebner markus.innerebner at inf.unibz.it
Fri Mar 9 23:43:47 PST 2012

Hello

I am trying to create a buffer around my polygon, which unfortunately is not
a valid one.
(reason: "Self-intersection[......]").

This polygon is the output of my calculation that creates from a set of
connected edges an area, consisting of all edges located on the border.

http://postgis.17.n6.nabble.com/file/n4564623/Screen_Shot_2012-03-09_at_10.02.41_PM.png
Polygon image

can someone tell me, what can I do, to remedy this behavior and to make this
geometry valid

this are the sql statements to reproduce my problem:
http://postgis.17.n6.nabble.com/file/n4564623/testPolygon.sql
testPolygon.sql

thanks

Markus