[postgis-users] How to make this invalid polygon valid one

pcreso at pcreso.com pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat Mar 10 13:26:10 PST 2012

Hi Nicolas,

Change your SQL to insert a buffered version of your polygon with a buffer distance of zero. You should get a topologically correct polygon (in this particular case anyway), which is a tracing of the perimeter with any duplicate vertices resolved.

eg:

insert into test_polygon (id,geometry) values (1,ST_buffer(ST_GeomFromText(
'POLYGON((...))'),0.0));

Cheers,

  Brent Wood