[postgis-users] Simplify a perfect (hierarchical) partition of polygons (ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology and friends)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Mar 13 09:21:07 PDT 2012

Martin,

The reference to "follow the yellow brick roads" is indeed a reference
to the Wizard of OZ and could be interpreted as to set out on a journey
full of perils and unknowns. :)

That said, there have been a lot of posts on the list about using
topology. The idea would be to load your polygons into a topology then
simplify the edges, and extract you polygons again.

https://www.google.com/#q=postgis+topology

Will get you most of the links you need to get started.

-Steve