[postgis-users] 3D geometries

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Tue Mar 13 11:11:07 PDT 2012

The main special consideration is that if you don't also densify the lines
to the resolution of the dem can can end up with a line that hops valleys
and tunnels through ridges. Also, I don't know if we have a draping
function. Was something I thought would be useful when I started futzing
with the raster stuff, I guess because I have a thing for DEMs.

P.