[postgis-users] Simplify a perfect (hierarchical) partition of polygons (ST_SimplifyPreserveTopology and friends)

strk at keybit.net strk at keybit.net
Thu Mar 15 01:39:41 PDT 2012

I should probably correct myself: it may make sense to simplify single
TopoGeoms in turn if you do not want the "simplified topology" to
persist (but are happy with "just the simple geometries" output).

Only doing that (simplifying TopoGeom objects in a topologically-aware
way) is not currently implemented. You'd get the TopoGeom first cast
to a simple and then simplified, which would defeat the whole purpose.

See http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1687 if you want to start
contributing code :)

--strk;