[postgis-users] Are there any Ubuntu PPAs that serve PostGIS 2.0 beta releases?

Charlie Sharpsteen charles.sharpsteen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:49:08 PDT 2012

On Thursday, March 15, 2012 10:42:52 AM UTC-7, Stephen V. Mather wrote:

>  > Pretty slick. I will ponder upgrading GEOS and GDAL and setting up a
> stable build for the most recent beta releases.
>

> Wow.  That would be awesome.

GDAL should be pretty simple. The problem with GEOS is that it is pretty
far down at the base of the GIS foodchain---so lots of libraries that are
used by GDAL also use GEOS and would need to be updated as well. I doubt I
will have the time to compile my way through everything between GEOS and
GDAL.

-Charlie