[postgis-users] NDVI Calculation from two bands within one Raster

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Mar 26 07:05:22 PDT 2012

I am attempting to complete a NDVI calculation using two bands (3 and 4) from
a Multiband Raster stored as a Table (nclraster1).

>From a previous question asked I am basing my calculation on:

SELECT
	ST_MapAlgebra(ST_MapAlgebra(a.rast, 4, b.rast, 3, "rast - b.rast", "8BUI"),
ST_MapAlgebra(a.rast, 4, b.rast, 3, "a.rast + b.rast2", "8BUI"), "a.rast /
b.rast", "8BUI")
FROM
	nclraster1 a, nclraster1 b;

This does not work for me, returning the column a.rast does not exist.

Any pointers on where I'm going wrong much appreciated.

James