[postgis-users] NDVI Calculation from two bands within one Raster

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Mar 26 09:49:23 PDT 2012

Apologies, this was an grave error on my part as I didn't account for areas
of the raster that have zero data values from where it has been
georectified.

The result was that I have 16742 zero values in band 3 and 16627 in band 4
so I need to introduce something that excludes zero values from the NDVI
calculation.

Is there a simple way of doing this as I seem to be over-complicating the
calculation?

Regards,
James