[postgis-users] More details for errors

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:02:51 PDT 2012

Hi Nicolas, hi all,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem is:
- I cannot filter my view using where geometryType(wkb_geometry) =
'LINESTRING' as it will still return the same error
- I cannot check the result of ST_LineMerge in the where clause since
aggragates are not allowed in wheres
- If I cast to a MULTI, I don't how to check that it is castable to a
LineString.

So, I'll try to reformulate:
- Can I check if a MultiLineString is in fact a LineString ?
- Is there a way to test the result of LineMerge to see if it is a
LineString or MultiLineString?

Thanks

Denis