[postgis-users] ST_Slope

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Thu Mar 29 06:53:31 PDT 2012

> Attempting to run same query as above:
> SELECT
>         ST_Slope(ST_MapAlgebraExpr(ST_AddBand(ST_MakeEmptyRaster(10, 10, 0,
> 0, 0.1, 0.1, 0, 0, 4269), '8BUI'::text, 1, 0), '32BUI', '([rast.x] - 1) * 10
> + [rast.y]')
> , 1, '8BUI'::text)
> FROM
>         nclheights;
>
> but is still returning "function st_slope(raster, integer, text) does not exist"!

Did you run the postgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql and the rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql scripts?

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/postgis_installation.html#soft_upgrade

> Thought it could be if I am incorrectly casting the first 8BUI instance so removed
> the first '::text' and error now returns:
> "rt_raster_from_wkb: wkb size (2)  < min size (61)"

That should not happen.

If, still, after upgrade, "function st_slope(raster, integer, text) does not exist", you will have to have a look and clean a bit the list of function available in your public schema or create a new database and reexecute the .sql files (postgis.sql, spatial_ref_sys.sql and rtpostgis.sql).

BTW the FROM part of your query is useless...

Pierre