[postgis-users] Load tiles on a raster table breaks alignment constraint

Yanis Pavlidis pavlidis.yanis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:32:05 PDT 2012

Hi list,

i am facing the following issue:
I want to load a folder of cached (already generated) 256x256 tiles to a
raster table.
Each has an ESRI world file, that places them in the correct position,
making sure that they don't overlap.

When I try for example to import 2 vertically-neighboring tiles,
raster2pgsql complains about "Different geotransform Matrices", which is
probably caused by the different UpperLeftY.
However this looks like it's breaking the alignment constraint,
consequently returning Null on an ST_Union (with a "*The two rasters
provided do not have the same alignment.  Returning NULL*" notice).

Am I doing something wrong? What is the correct way to load a raster table
with existing tiles without breaking alignment constraint?

If you want to reproduce my issue:
ESRI Word file A:
0.0746455373
0.0000
0.0000
-0.0746455373
-13630844.2215257270
4551883.2959864652

ESRI Word file B:
0.0746455373
0.0000
0.0000
-0.0746455373
-13630844.2215257270
4551864.1867293576

My setup:
"POSTGIS="2.0.0beta3 r9497" GEOS="3.3.3dev-CAPI-1.7.3" PROJ="Rel. 4.6.1, 21
August 2008" GDAL="GDAL 1.9.0, released 2011/12/29" LIBXML="2.7.8"
LIBJSON="UNKNOWN" TOPOLOGY RASTER"

Thanks,
Yanis