[postgis-users] Convert MySql to Postgres

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Sun May 6 00:23:11 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a MySql dump which is around 10 GB and I wish to convert it to
Postgres and eventually PostGIS, but presently postgres since most of the
data in it non-spatial.

I am working on Ubuntu 12.04 with latest postgres installed. I am doing
this for the first time and wanted to get this right.

Could you provide me with a good resource or guide me so that I can do this
successfully the first time?

P.S. there are no procedures in the database so nothing to worry about the
typecasting as of now.

--
Thanks & Regards
Smaran Harihar