[postgis-users] DE-9IM question

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue May 8 09:20:30 PDT 2012

Sandro Santilli <strk <at> keybit.net> writes:

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DE-9IM
> http://postgis.org/documentation/manual-svn/using_postgis_dbmanagement.html#DE-9IM

Those either aren't exhaustive (postgis) or don't have pictures (wiki).  I would
like to be able to look up "FF2F1F212" and see a picture of it.

I think a difference is that I am not interested in using a matrix to implement
a function like st_within(), but rather I am querying a database looking for
relationships and how to deal with them.  In my case, also, the query will never
return a string with wildcards in it, because it will give me the exact
relationship. (Maybe the above links are exhaustive if you count wildcards,
though...)

Sorry -- I tried to make clear that I had already read the docs that are easily
available.  Thanks for the explicit links though.