[postgis-users] DE-9IM question

Martin Davis mtnclimb at telus.net
Tue May 8 19:46:37 PDT 2012

Have a look at:

http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/tests/index.html

This is a visual interface to the JTS Test Suite, which has a very
complete collection of DE-9IM cases.  It is meant to be exhaustive - if
you find something missing, send it in!  It would be interesting to see
the 7 situations that you found.

The test suite is here:

http://jts-topo-suite.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jts-topo-suite/trunk/jts/testxml/

The validate directory contains the DE-9IM tests.

As was mentioned, you can use the JTS TestBuilder to build and inspect
test  cases.  You can drag-and-drop Test Suite XML files onto the
TestBuilder, so it's easy to inspect the cases in the XML tests.

I'm not sure if Wikipedia would appreciate being flooded with DE-9IM
test cases - it doesn't seem like quite the right place for it.  The
Vivid site is a good reference as long as it stays up.