[postgis-users] Force_2d function does not exist

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sat May 12 05:18:43 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 03:53:45PM +0530, abhishek bansal wrote:

> Error (ERROR:  function force_2d(geometry) does not exist
> LINE 1: select encode(AsBinary(force_collection(force_2d("geom")),'N...
>                                                 ^

Actually not even AsBinary and force_collection exist, all PostGIS
functions got an ST_ prefix, so :

encode(ST_AsBinary(ST_force_collection(ST_force_2d("geom")),'N...

> my postgres version is 9.0, gdal 1.8, i am using MS4W on windows 7

It is PostGIS version that matters: select postgis_full_version().
You'd have a better experience if you stop using windows, btw.

> This shape file was working perfectly on PostGIS 1.5 but now its not
> working on version 2.

Expected, due to the ST_ prefix.
See the release notes in the manual page and the NEWS file in the
source tree (I'm guessing you'll find info in there).

There is a legacy.sql file you can load to add some obsoleted
functions back for the sake of still supporting not-yet-ready
users code, if you can't update it.

--strk;