[postgis-users] Upgrade Postgis 1.4 to 2.0

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon May 14 01:34:51 PDT 2012

David,

box3d_extent wasn't included in legacy because its an internal type not
meant for direct use.

Regarding your issue with restore, strk can look into that one.  I would
suggest putting in a ticket for it.
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/newticket
as it sound like it might be a bug in the restore script.

There is another way you can try updating:
1) create new spatial database as you have been.  But instead of CREAE
EXTENSION

use the regular script path. and of course install legacy.sql

2) restore your backup on top.
3) run the postgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql
rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql

4) Then do

CREATE EXTENSION postgis FROM 'unpackaged';

I unfortunately don't have a 1.4 to test, but that should work.  Just ignore
any errors you get during restore.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us