[postgis-users] toTopoGeom performance tips

Luca Morandini lmorandini at ieee.org
Wed May 16 18:14:55 PDT 2012

On 05/16/2012 06:19 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 03:45:13PM +1000, Luca Morandini wrote:
>> It took nearly 4 times as much - I divided the load in chunks of 100
>> polygons each - hence it seems one big transaction is better than
>> many small ones.
>
> Ok, then it's not an issue with transactions.
>
> If you want to help further profiling please:
>   (1) install latest GEOS from 3.3 branch
>   (2) install latest postgis from trunk (make sure to upgrade topology scripts)
>   (3) see how time relates to topology primitives population density, see if a
>       specific geometry is taking a visible lot more than others to import,
>       enable debugging in topology to figure where the time goes.

Once more on the bleeding edge... I have talked to the project manager, and we are
willing to help; just allow me three or four working days to set up a test bed
according to your requirements.

> PS: your queries do look fine.

Thanks for checking.

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne