[postgis-users] Installing on Debian

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Mon May 21 19:00:24 PDT 2012

On 21 May 2012 23:04, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> The Debian package for 2.0 is still not done (any volunteer here?). Is there a clean
> install howto for Debian unstable/testing? I only found outdated/incomplete instructions.
> All the best, and thanks.

Hi Paolo,

Here are some simple instructions for Debian 6.0 (squeeze):
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS20Debian60src

It looks like you still need to compile GEOS for PostGIS 2.0, since
they are still packaging old versions for Debian sid. Mind you, the
way these instructions work, the "make test" will fail on PostGIS 2.0
configured --with-raster, as there will be a second GEOS installed as
a dependency for the libgdal-dev package.

-Mike