[postgis-users] Ubuntu and Postgresql9.1.3-2

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Thu May 24 08:24:46 PDT 2012

The instructions at http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS20Ubuntu1204 should address all of these issues.
Be sure to read the "The bad news:"about using the existing packages.
The later section explains how to build PostGIS from source, so you shouldn't hit the bug in the current package.
I'm not sure when 9.1.3-2 dropped, but if it hasn't been in the last 2-3 weeks, then, yes the instructions at that link work with Ubuntu 12.04.