[postgis-users] RE : get unique values from raster intersecting apolygon

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon May 28 07:56:32 PDT 2012

I this case the right query looks like this:

SELECT gid, ST_Value(rast, geom) val
FROM yourraster table, yourpointtable
WHERE ST_Intersects(rast, geom)

Make sure to tile and index your raster properly (smaller is better). You can do this at import time.

The result for cell outside any polygon will be "null".

Pierre