[postgis-users] Rasterize a vector

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue May 29 11:33:59 PDT 2012

Il 29/05/2012 20:25, Pierre Racine ha scritto:
> Basically (I use the old sub query style):
>
> SELECT ST_Union(ST_AsRaster(g.geom, ref.rast, '32BUI', g.id, 0))) rast
> FROM (SELECT ST_MakeEmptyRaster(1, 1, 0, 0, 1, -1, 0, 0, 0) AS rast) ref, mygeomtable g

same error: ERROR:  rt_raster_gdal_rasterize: Unable to add band to GDALDataset
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "st_asraster" line 26 at RETURN

It's becoming obvious that it is much more practical and faster to do the
rasterization outside the DB, at lest for now.
Thanks a lot for the insights.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia