[postgis-users] server lacks instrumentation functions

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:33:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

I installed the PostGIS 2.0 as per the
wiki<http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostGIS20Ubuntu1204>.
Now when I am opening the database in pgadmin3 I am getting the following
"Guru Hint"

Server instrumentation
The server lacks instrumentation functions.
pgAdmin III uses some support functions that are not available by default
in all PostgreSQL versions. These enable some tasks that make life easier
when dealing with log files and configuration files.
The adminpack is installed and activated by default if you are running the
'official' pgInstaller distribution of PostgreSQL for Windows and is
included as a contrib module with all versions of PostgreSQL 8.2 and above.
However, if you are running any other version of PostgreSQL you will need
to manually install it. To do so, simply copy the appropriate adminpack
source code to the /contrib directory of your pre-configured PostgreSQL
source tree. You can download the adminpacks here.
Run the following commands (substituting admin for admin81 if required):
    # cd $PGSRC/contrib/admin
    # make all
    # make install

So I downloaded the admin pack 81 and placed it in the contrib/admin as
instructed and I am trying to "make all"

But I am getting the following error,

Makefile:13: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:14: /contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/contrib/contrib-global.mk'.  Stop.

Do I require the Server Instrumentation installed? Also last time I was
able to navigate from the database to the "Extension". Now my database does
not have Extension
--
Thanks & Regards
Smaran Harihar