[postgis-users] 3D topology nodes?

John Morrison john.nmi.morrison at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:01:35 PDT 2012

Hi;

Sorry if this is a dumb newbie question regarding support for 3D
topology (as I am relatively new to both SQL and PostGIS).

I am running PostGIS 2.0.1SVN r9732 on FC16/x86_64.

When I try to add a 3D point to a topology via either ST_AddIsoNode or
AddNode, I get an error of the form "Geometry has Z dimension, but
column does not."  Adding 2D points seems to work fine.

pgadminIII gives a rather cryptic type of "geometry(1107456)" as the
data type of the "geom" column of the "node" table of my topology.
Sorry, but I couldn't find much in the way of 3D topology discussions
on the mailing lists or the docs or the PDF presentations referenced
in the manual's topology chapter.

Thanks in advance.

-jm

--