[postgis-users] Question on datum names

Peter N. Schweitzer pschweitzer at usgs.gov
Wed May 30 10:12:57 PDT 2012

Thanks, Frank!

I conclude there is little to lose in using ESRI's names for projection,
datum, and spheroid, so that my .prj files will work without modification
in ArcGIS.  I'm puzzled that these texts, evidently a controlled vocabulary
lacking formal standardization, play such a strong role, but if it makes
things work and doesn't break much, it's clearly a better approach.

Peter

--
Peter N. Schweitzer (MS 954, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA 20192)
(703) 648-6533  FAX: (703) 648-6252  email: pschweitzer at usgs.gov
<http://geology.usgs.gov/peter/>