[postgis-users] FYI: Solution to Using PostGIS in ArcGIS.

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 00:25:30 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Robert Buckley <robertdbuckley at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just my 2Cents..ArcGIS is now realising that there is a great need for
> FOSSGIS interfaces within the ESRI Architecture. If you have ArcSDE and
> ArcEditor (only a few 10s of thousands) you can work with PostgreSQL and
> PostGIS dbs.
> Other than that, there may be some opensource plugins or extentions that you
> may be able to test.
>
> http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/147/how-can-i-connect-to-a-postgis-database-from-arcmap-9-3-and-10-0
> http://www.paolocorti.net/2008/06/06/spatial-database-for-postgres-and-arcgis-users-how-to-choose/

Hello Robert

please be aware that zigGIS was discontinued (the posted links are
very old) [1].
In any case, the source code has always been around [2] and I think it
should be quiete easy to adapt it to work to latest ArcGIS versions.

regards

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/ziggis/FK6KNRVk3p4
[2] http://code.google.com/p/ziggis/

--