[postgis-users] FYI: Solution to Using PostGIS in ArcGIS.

Ragi Burhum rburhum at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 16:49:14 PST 2012

Another option, is to use AmigoCloud's GDAL/OGR Plugin for ArcGIS. It gives
ArcGIS access to any of the vector formats supported by OGR. Since PostGIS
is one of them, you can add it to ArcMap easily - just supply a Postgres
connection string in the form of:

PG:dbname=mydb host=myserver user=myuser

The plugin is free and Open Source. I have not created an installer yet (we
have an installer that is part of a bigger suite for our beta users), but I
did add experimental binaries that have been tested with ArcGIS 10.1 SP1.
If you compile the code yourself, you should be able to make it work in
previous ArcGIS versions, too.

Formats Supported: http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_formats.html
Source and binaries: https://github.com/RBURHUM/arcgis-ogr

- Ragi