[postgis-users] Summarystats (Raster, Polygon)

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Fri Nov 16 09:27:31 PST 2012

> Yes, this sounds more or less what I am after and I was thinking along
> exactly the same lines, especially as with PLR installed I can use R
> to get more detailed stats for each tile! Great, this sounds really
> promising. Just one point, how do I return the raster values for each
> tile to feed into my aggregate stats generator? Sorry to be a bit slow
> on the uptake here. I am sure that it is all documented, but I am
> still getting my head around this format.

You mean how to get one field from ST_SummaryStats()? (ST_SummaryStats(rast)).*

You have to UPDATE your table columns with each values returned by ST_SummaryStats().

Is that what you mean?

BTW: do you have a recipe to pass PostGIS rasters to Pl/R? (you are saying you are using R to grab more stats from a tile)

Pierre