[postgis-users] Removing shapefile from Postgres

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 15:51:15 PST 2012

Thanks for the response Sandro. When I execute,

echo "SELECT DropGeometryTable('pimapine')" | psql -U smaranh geospecies

this is the output that I am getting back,

ERROR:  function dropgeometrytable(unknown) does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT DropGeometryTable('pimapine')
               ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
need to add explicit type casts.

Thanks,
Smaran

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 7:24 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 05:43:34PM -0700, Smaran Harihar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I added a shapefile to the PostGIS using,
> >
> >     ogr2ogr -f PostgreSQL PG:"host=server_ip user=username dbname=dbname
> > password=password" yourshapefile.shp;
> >
> > Now I want to remove it. What is the command line code for that?
>
> Assuming the table created by ogr2ogr is named "yourshapefile"
> (which you should verify) the call would be:
>
> echo "SELECT DropGeometryTable('yourshapefile')" | psql -U username dbname
>
> --strk;
>
>  http://www.cartodb.com - Map, analyze and build applications with your
> data
>
>                                        ~~ http://strk.keybit.net