[postgis-users] Posgist raster overviews created with bicubic resampling

daigu davor.racic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:53:19 PST 2012

I suppose i would have to resample union of 4 tiles, each one 512x512 dpi,
and then insert the new tile of dpi 512x512 into the overview table. This
would be easy if i have one single raster, but i have multiple rasters
divided into multiple tiles. Rasters are same size and aligned, but the
mosaic of all rasters is irregularly shaped. I could use bounding boxes of
existing overviews, and then take intersection of higher resolution raster
and bounding box of lower resolution overview, and then resample it to
512x512. This all looks very complicated to me...

I'm stuck here...

This would be a very useful feature for future versions of raster2pgsql.
Overviews of aerial photos don't look good created this way.