[postgis-users] Why PostGIS ST_Intersection much slower than ArcGIS Intersect ?

Étienne Desgagné etienne.desgagne at roche.ca
Thu Nov 29 10:45:02 PST 2012

Thank you very much Paul for the explanation... So for now I will have to
live with the current situation. In general I'm a big defender of PostGIS
and I like to claim that it can give similar or better result than any GIS
like ArcGIS... However, in the case of this specific ST_Intersection
operator it's just a little bit disappointing but nothing critical...

Best regards

Etienne