[postgis-users] co-ordinate extraction

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Oct 9 23:55:19 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 11:08:53AM +0530, chathura silva wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have a postgis DB which is consisted of road networks. the data is stored
> in linestring data type. Is there any way replace a road segment (from
> start point to end point ) with new co-ordinates??

I've been thinking many times that we should have a C level function
to do this, like an ST_LineSplice or something, but so far you'll have
to do it manually. See ST_DumpPoints to explode and ST_MakeLine to sew
back.

--strk;

 http://www.cartodb.com - Map, analyze and build applications with your data

                                       ~~ http://strk.keybit.net