[postgis-users] How to eliminate small gaps produced by ST_union?

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:05:29 PDT 2012

Thank you for all the answers.

I did not try the topology, as I need to study its implementation a little
better.

I did not found the st_cleanpolygon function and using (St_Buffer, 0) did
not worked:

The dilate\erode visually corrects the problem, but of course introduce a
small rounding in the angle introducing a small overlaping with other
adjacent polygons...

I guess that the tolerance with the GEOS PrecisionModel would be nice, I
think that is the method used by ArcGIS products to "insure" geometry
"topology" after aggregation operations.

Any more ideas?

Alexandre Neto