[postgis-users] Postgis 2.0 TopoGeo_AddPolygon

Christophe Vergon christophevergon-girtec at orange.fr
Sun Sep 2 23:22:25 PDT 2012

Hi,

"

Glad to hear that:
bug reports are usually the main subject "

Not a bug but the function behavior.

I've got to polygons

One with a hole, the second is the hole of the first.

The second is passed to the function at first. A face is created.

The first is passed to the function : no face created !
Indeed this polygon had two rings, and the first ring was the hole ...
I don't know if the OGC standards impose the first ring to be the envelope ... (my friend how write the wkb serializer deserializer for .Net is not here yet)

I think that the topogeo_addpolygon, try to make a face with the first ring, if it fails than exit function without trying with the next ring  ...
I'm wrong ?