[postgis-users] raster2pgsql build from source...

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 7 09:47:46 PDT 2012

Brian,

You should have raster2pgsql already since you compiled PostGIS from
source.  There is no option in the build process to not compile
raster2pgsql.

The rendering of the raster in QGIS is slow because the GDAL PostGIS
raster driver does not use pyramids in addition to several other
inefficiencies (one query per row).

-bborie