[postgis-users] install postgis 2 linux

Icadedt icadedt at yahoo.fr
Sat Sep 22 12:42:17 PDT 2012

hi,

i would like to install postgis 2 in linux centos 6

my source folder is /usr/local/postgis-2.0.1

when i execute ./configure , the return message is :

checking for geos-config... no
configure: error: could not find geos-config within the current path. You may need to try re-running configure with a --with-geosconfig parameter.

my geos-config file is in /usr/local/geos-3.3.3/tools, so i execute
./configure --with-geosconfig=/usr/local/geos-3.3.5/tools/geos-config

but i have this error message:
Using user-specified geos-config file: /usr/local/geos-3.3.3/tools/geos-config
checking GEOS version... 3.3.3
checking geos_c.h usability... no
checking geos_c.h presence... no
checking for geos_c.h... no
configure: error: could not find geos_c.h - you may need to specify the directory of a geos-config file using --with-geosconfig

Please help me , thanks in advance