[postgis-users] ST_StartPoint() for MultiLineStrings

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Sep 25 14:10:09 PDT 2012

This is actually one of those places where I wonder if an
answer-returning approach would be better or not. One interpretation:

ST_StartPoint(MultiLineString) -> MultiPoint

Which implies

ST_ExteriorRing(Multipolygon) -> MultiLineString

All sorts of fun. Question is: is this an improvement... still
requires handling the issues of N > 1, somehow or other.

P.