[postgis-users] Problems with libql

Mikel Gonzalez Gainza fingolion at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:52:59 PDT 2012

Hi all!

I've been trying to install postgis 2.0.1 but i've been having some
problems with the configuration of the source code. Im running an Ubuntu
11.04, with PostgreSQL 9.2 installed on it and all the dependencies of
postgis2.0.1 also installed. Still, i get this error here:

Using user-specified pg_config file: /opt/PostgreSQL/9.2/bin/pg_config
checking PostgreSQL version... PostgreSQL 9.2.1
checking libpq-fe.h usability... yes
checking libpq-fe.h presence... yes
checking for libpq-fe.h... yes
checking for PQserverVersion in -lpq... no
configure: error: could not find libpq

of course, libpq is under postgres' /lib/, but it doesnt seem to find it
dont know why. I've googled about it but without much success, thus I'm
writing to you to see if you can help me!

Thank you!!

Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral?  It is
because we
are not the person involved.