[postgis-users] where is postGIS.sql?

Mr. Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 11:25:13 PDT 2012

On Sep 29, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Vince Miller <vincentpmiller at yahoo.com> wrote:

> By "it" you mean? Ubuntu 12.04: yes, postgresql 9.1 yes, postgis: is there something I need to to to install it? like, compile it from source?

Yes, you do need to install PostGIS (it is not a part of Postgres). How you install it depends on your OS. You well might have to download the source code and compile it for your machine.

Once you install PostGIS successfully, then you can ask more questions here. Check out the Postgis website for the download and installation instructions.

--
Puneet Kishor