[postgis-users] where is postgis.sql?

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:32:49 PDT 2012

Hi Vince,

What operation system? What method did you install? If you have
pg_config installed (part of the development package of postgres), you
can find the share and contrib directory:

$ ls `pg_config --sharedir`/contrib

But, since you are using 9.1, you should use the extension method of
attaching postgis. From psql/pgAdmin in your target database, use the
DDL command:

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

-Mike