[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.1 release postponed

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Aug 13 04:48:19 PDT 2013

Better correct than fast.  Thanks for the careful work!

Doug

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Paragon Corporation <lr at pcorp.us> wrote:

> It seems a lot of changes have been done today which has made the PostGIS
> bots very angry.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2425#comment:1
>

> This needs to be resolved before we can release.
>
> I also found an issue with the ST_Dwithin which I can only replicate with
> proprietary data at the moment and hoping to get permission or generate an
> alternative offending set of data for troubleshooting.
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2422
>
> I'm hoping a release end this week along with a GEOS 3.4.1 release to close
> out some of the loose ends people discovered while testing GEOS 3.4.0
>

> Thanks for your patience,
>
> Regina
> And PostGIS development Team
>

> http://postgis.net

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.