[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.1.0 released

Oliver Courtin olivier.courtin at oslandia.com
Sat Aug 24 14:31:34 PDT 2013

Le 24 août 2013 à 18:26, Paragon Corporation a écrit :

Simon, Regina,

> The 3D and 2D stuff I think we are pretty compliant except for the fact 3D
> SQL/MM spec is a moving target. Olivier can speak up for that since he's
> been following the SQL/MM 3D compliant circuit more than any of us.

Right now in OGC, (in Simple Feature Working Group)
there's two specifications who are still in writing process:

 - ISO 19107:2013    (aka providing topology model for 2D and 3D,
                                      handling quite a lot of (new) geometry types
                                      and unifying SFS and GML feature types model)

 - ISO 19125:2013    (aka merging OGC SFS and ISO SQL/MM
                                      in a single spec,
                                      containing itself several compliancy profiles)

Both of them after about 3 years writing, are gently coming to a vote,
in a quite near future.

As there were several changes while in the writing process,
we will have to wait that the specs are really finished
prior to check to be fully compliant in PostGIS
(on the other hand, it seems that we are already really close
 for features already implemented)

Dunno for now if an OGC CITE Test
will be provided on ISO 19125
to help test/qualification process.