[postgis-users] postgresql.conf - best config for Tiger Geocoder?

René Fournier m5 at renefournier.com
Mon Aug 26 20:33:40 PDT 2013

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you have found an ideal (or simply very good) configuration for a PostgreSQL 9.2 server running primarily PostGIS 1.5.x Tiger Geocoder?

My main server has 16 GB of RAM and the PostgreSQL databases are on their own SSDs. Things are pretty quick as-is, but I would like to apportion more RAM to Postgres since I have a lot to spare. Just wondering what the smart kids do to make PostGIS run like the wind (while querying an 88GB database).

…Rene