[postgis-users] ST_intersects : error message

laurent lcelati at latitude-geosystems.com
Mon Dec 2 07:45:16 PST 2013

Hello,

I have 2 tables : one points and one surface. I would like intersects the
geometries. I write the query but i have an error message :
--------------------------
CREATE TABLE example_intersections_a AS (SELECT ST_Intersection (part1.geom,
part2.geom)FROM fra_adm0 AS part_1,france_merge_pts1 AS part2 WHERE
ST_Intersects(part1.geom, part_2.geom));
ALTER TABLE example_intersections_a ADD COLUMN id SERIAL;
ALTER TABLE example_intersections_a ADD PRIMARY KEY (id);
-------------------------
Error message :

ERREUR:  entrée manquante de la clause FROM pour la table « part1 »
LINE 1: ...ample_intersections_a AS (SELECT ST_Intersection (part1.geom...
^
ERREUR: entrée manquante de la clause FROM pour la table « part1 »
État SQL :42P01
Caractère : 66

COuld you tell me where is the error?

Thanks.